Monday, June 1, 2009

I've been preaching to some of my clients about having a blog for years-and I has come down to a "do as I say not as do" situation. So its time to suck it up and put my money where my mouth is.


I've been building and rebuilding my website http://www.monstermotorgirl.com/ and researching SEO and driving traffic to my site, and realized that it was time to talk about my passion and not hide behind research anymore. I love cars, trucks, motorcycles boats, motors, the smell exhaust and motor oil. I get a feeling in my belly, and a smile on my face, the word "saaweeeet" will escape my lips when I see a classic mustang, corvette, or chevelle...or some exotic european slick sexy thing screaming down the highway.





I love Spike TV on Sundays with the resto shows and Overhaulin', and Wrecks to Riches. I long to find the proverbial "Barn Find" and bring it back to life. I am longing for the concrete pad to build my shop with tall rollup doors and the wall of red toolboxes, and the spraybooth in the corner.



I have the desire but not the space for cars to be worked on so its motorcycles that i can wheel in and out of my basement.

I have been working on a 97 Honda cbr600F3 that was wrecked, and thats been great fun. Still have some painting and assembly to do, thats on going and I'll write more about that later.

The last restoration was a 99 GS500e which was originally my bike which I sold to a friend who was a truck driver, and never rode it. He drove it to a friend's house where it sat for years, then it ended up in my driveway, waiting for him to come get it, and bought it back with a tank full of water, and frozen carbs.





That bike was a heartbreak when it sat in my driveway for so long, I covered it and tried to forget. But I couldn't to watch it virtually rot before my eyes was too much to bear. I had to save her!

The black Targa fairing and the bright yellow was classic, it looked great sitting in the driveway, the parking lot at the local bikeshop, or cruising around Asheville or riding the Blue Ridge Parkway. She always got looks wherever she went.

Another great thing about that little bike was the narrowness of the seat which makes it great for short legged people or women who usually have more thigh meat than men. It was a peppy little twin, that I had fun with. Got my only NC speeding ticket on that little girl.

Well, last week I traded her for a bright yellow 4 wheeler, and I have to say I was very sad to see her go. But, the GS wouldn't haul a trailer in the woods and help me cut trails on my land in Hot Springs. So, she's off to a new life with another young lady who is getting her as a gift, which makes the parting less painful. I feel she'll have a good home and be well loved.

On to the next project and I'll tell you more as it comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your views and comments...