Thursday, September 22, 2011

New publication specialized for women and their rides!

I’ll admit it’s taken me a long time to figure this out. My entire life has been about fitting into a man’s world. “Why?” you may ask, because, I’m a motor head. I love cars, bikes, racing, going fast, the sound, smell and feel of machinery. The smell of rubber, and grease under my fingernails makes me happy.

I have found a few women in my life who share my passions, but there is something sorely lacking in the publications that we buy to fuel our enthusiasm. Real women who own the cars, build them, appreciate them. Now, I’m not talking about the fake women who splay themselves across the hood to tantalize the men. Real Motor Girls!



I see four types of women that are MotorGirls! There may be more, so don’t be offended if I haven’t written it here, I’m open for more interpretations.

1. The Wrench (not wench, this is me I think); I see potential in every rambling rusted hulk, and I want to bring her back to her full glory. I want to paint, and refinish and refurbish. In other words…get my hands dirty. The $500.00car has just as much value as a $5000.00 one
2. The Matron; These girls are there by their men/partners at the car shows and race tracks because they love it just as much (if not more) than he does, and it makes the relationship stronger. They buff and polish and want to learn and participate. It’s part of their family dynamic.
3. The Maven; These are ladies who know exactly what they want and will get it. That doesn’t necessarily mean getting their hands dirty, why not pay the mechanic? “I know I want a turbo charged 300z but I don’t care how it works, I just want it!” They know what they want, and the car is an accessory, like a Gucci purse, or diamond rings.
4. The Apprentice; These girls know what they want, They will barter, and learn, and participate, and align themselves with people who know or have what they want. It’s a slow process but ultimately the passion is maintained and increased with every step.

So, to pay homage to these types, I have created “MonsterMotorgirls!” a publication dedicated to women and their passion, their Rides!

Check out our Facebook page “Girl Cars and Rides”, and Like us! You may be the next Feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your views and comments...